From the beginning, two decades ago, hardware and software have lived under one roof at Mobileye. Our growing team of over 1,700 employees is dedicated to our tradition of leveraging the newest technology, including AI, deep learning and crowdsourcing, to create the hardware and software needed to help our over 25 OEM partners enable ADAS systems and eventually fully autonomous vehicles.
Mobileye’s self-driving system is designed with a backbone of a camera-centric configuration. Building a robust system that can drive solely based on cameras allows us to pinpoint the critical safety segments for which we truly need redundancy from radars and lidars. This effort to avoid unnecessary over-engineering or “sensor overload” is key to keeping the cost low.
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
Beyond the fact that ADAS is the core of life-saving technology, it allows us to validate the technological building blocks of autonomous vehicles through our numerous production programs with automakers that submit our technology to the most stringent safety testing. Our ADAS programs – more than 60 million vehicles on roads today – provide the financial “fuel” to sustain autonomous development activity for the long run.
Autonomous vehicles will require many system redundancies to deal with unforeseen circumstances. A high-definition map is required for precise localization of the vehicle, relative to road boundaries and intersections, under all conditions. Mobileye’s Road Experience Management (REM™), which uses crowd-sourcing, is a unique, low-cost solution for building and rapidly updating this HD map.
Mobileye > Geotab Integration
Mobileye specific codes have been made available in the Geotab under Engine Status data. This functionality is supported by G07s devices and higher.
- Mobileye tamper alert codes.
- Mobileye left lane departure warning codes.
- Mobileye right lane departure warning codes.
- Mobileye forward collision warning/UFCW codes.
- Mobileye headway monitor warning codes.
- Mobileye pedestrian collision warning codes.
Within Geotab you have the ability to:
- Easily customize rules for reporting that feature Mobileye Alerts.
- View trip history and see a visual where alerts are occurring.
- Using Geotab’s built in Dashboard, you can easily identify unsafe driving habits.
- View a detailed report of any rule created. With location and time included.